In 1923 Charles Simpson, known as Simmie, started to give healing in a basement in St Georges Square, London.
The demand for healing was so great that in 1925 they bought 29 Queens Gate, London. This remained a centre for healing until 1964.
In 1932 Dr Lascelles told Simmie to look for a property within 40 miles of London to become a "city of prayer". Simmie was "lead" to Addington Park, a 276 Acre site comprising of a 30 bedroom manor house, farm land, gardens, stables, and woodland with a river running through the grounds.
A group of dedicated volunteers moved into the manor house and worked tirelessly to improve the grounds and gardens and to convert the stables into our healing and prayer chapels.
On 7th May 1933 our "City of Prayer" was opened.
During the war years the manor house was requisitioned by the RAF and sadly it was returned to us in a state of disrepair.
Following this in 1947 the manor house caught fire, subsequently the house was demolished and sold along with the majority of the land in order to fund the work of The Trust.
After Simmie's death in 1958 the work continued using the teachings of Dr. Lascelles, thanks to the dedication of volunteers and staff.
In the last 89 years of our healing work with the exception of 17 years at least one member of Simmie's family has been living or working for the trust.
The heart of our work here is to offer healing through prayer by means of our Harmony Prayer Circles.